Efficiency meas to reach the goal with less possible means, and costs.
In fact, reality often shows a different picture.
IT operations are all too often made more expensive by the fact that internal resources are not used or used inefficiently; in particular in the event of faults and safety problems. Losses are:
- working hours and costs of IT staff
- waiting times and delays of PC users
- costs of uncontrolled error search
Analysis is efficient ...
- if running fully automated
- if event notifications are sent automatically
- if tasks are distributed based on facts
- if results of remedy are verified automatically
As part of managed services Synapse Networks will review the automatically created analysis reports, and in case of new errors or security problems a new trouble ticket will be created (e.g. within Sharepoint team database); additionally a new filter definition will be created in the filter library of the event log filter engine. At least, the trouble ticket will include a link to the filter engine's output directory. (Each defined filter will save its reports in a separate directory.)
As a result, technicians and adminstrators who are authorized to use the trouble ticket system can easily check latest analysis reports:
- Is the problem still there?
- Or has the problem been fixed successfully?
Ditributed analysis agents send notification messages about errors and events to (one ore more) central event collectors which save them to an event log. Then this log is permanently scanned by an event log filter engine. The filter engine uses an extensive filter library.
- Efficiency means: It only takes the time of defining a new filter definition within the filter library. Just a minute's task. After this filtered event log reports are generated automatically, and results are sent via e-mail to responsible technicians & adminsitrators automatically as well.
- Efficiency means: If everything to be done is just creating a filter definition and a trouble ticket, and if all the rest will be done automatically – then network monitoring & analysis is upmost efficient.